Vanity in Second Life
The How does your avatar look today? thread is now over 900 pages. It passed the 900-posts mark in the last couple of days (9/14). That is over 22,000 posts.
Sep 19, 04:00-07:00 PDT
We will be undergoing maintenance to our voice services on Thursday, September 19th, at 4AM PST. During this maintenance, Residents may be unable to hear some Residents. Residents may need to relog into Second Life once this maintenance has completed. Please watch this blog for updates.
Posted on Sep 17, 10:56 PDT
This is a backend update. Oz Linden says it ‘might’ fix some problems, but they don’t know.
[12:35] Oz Linden: we’ve also got an updated SLVoice (the viewer component that actually does voice) in the pipeline, and it will give us some new debugging capability (and fixes some voice activity detection problems)
The Deploy thread is becoming very terse. However, the server release notes are a bit more verbose.
From the Server-Scripting UG we hear,
[Sept 17 @ 12:06] Simon Linden: Next, we updated the main channel servers this morning with the update that has some relief for the experience keys issues. It is NOT a total fix so if you still have experience script issues, it’s best to go manually re-associate scripts with your experience.
Tomorrow there will be two updates going out, both to roughly 15% of the grid. They ALL have the script work Rider has been doing, one has that plus some maintenance work.
These are improvements to Listen and Sensor events. Rider Linden says he sees a 20% improvement in sensor scans.
- 2019-09-06T22:03:53.530715Sep 10 – This rolled to the main grid channel Tuesday morning. This version contains the fix for Experience Scripts. See Experience Scripts Experiencing Trouble (9/5).
- 2019-09-13T19:08:35.530941Sep 16 – This RC is planned for Blue Steel and Le Tigre channels. The JIRA reports for the problems are linked to from the release notes.
- Internal Script Improvements
- Fixed “Avatar Sounds” feature fails to disable all scripted sounds
- [EEP] Smoothen transition time of llReplaceAgentEnvironment
- Updated to include current Second Life Server changes
- 2019-09-13T20:04:44.530946Sep 16 – This RC is intended to roll out to the Magnum channel.
- Minor improvements to starting and stopping regions
- EEP fixes
- 2019-09-09T20:07:00.530754 Sep 12 – This version is a puzzle. It is in the RC versions list. I assume it rolled to a minor testing channel like Cake. There is no mention of it in any of the Deploy posts.
- Improvements to region operations
- Complementary EEP fixes (Requires latest EEP Viewer)
- 2019-09-06T18:49:52.530700Sep 10 – This version still appears on the release notes page. It was intended for rollout last week.
This week we get a surprise RC viewer, Ordered Shutdown, to reduce crashes on exit. If you have problems getting Preference settings to stick, you may be crashing on exit. To know, start the viewer, make your settings changes, exit the viewer, and relaunch. If the settings changes took, you probably have been crashing on exit.
- 184.108.40.2060559 – Default – This is the main viewer download. Thursday, September 5, 2019, and released week #37.
- 220.127.116.110150 – EEP – Monday, August 19, 2019, week #34.
- 18.104.22.1680901 – Ordered Shutdown – NEW – Monday, September 16, 2019 – This version of the viewer changes how the viewer does its shutdown process. The goal is to reduce crashes during the shutdown. The release notes explain,
- This viewer has changes intended to make crashes on shutdown less likely. This should have no changes to existing features. For anyone interested in the code details: we use singleton classes extensively for “manager” classes that are only supposed to have one instance each. These are created during startup, with the order determined by when they are needed. Such classes now have the ability to keep track of their creation order and dependencies, so that the destruction process on shutdown can reverse this process systematically. So far only a subset of singleton classes have been modified to take advantage of ordered shutdowns, with more coming in future releases.
- Second Life Project 360 Snapshot – 22.214.171.1249111 – Released Tuesday, July 16, 2019, week #29.
- Second Life Project Legacy Profiles – 126.96.36.1990836 – NEW – Tuesday, September 17, 2019 – The previous release of this version was in week #23.
- Second Life Project Muscadine – 188.8.131.520473 – New – Wednesday, September 11, 2019 – The previous release was week #34. This is the animesh customization viewer.
More pages… links below…