Additional Body Parts – I am not at all sure about this feature. There is an attachment and a HUD. The parts are Breasts, Nipples, Belly Button, Pelvis, TOE-CAPS Normal, and TOE-CAPS All. There is an opacity slider and a color selector for tinting.
Toe caps are for stockings. I can’t really say how they work as my demo did strange things that made no sense to me.
Feet and Hands – The Maitreya feet and hands are just OK, IMO. The feet have 5 positions from flat to tippy-toe (ballerina-like). Click the foot image and both left and right foot change. Click the L or R and just that foot changes.
The hands have 14 poses and they animate cycling through the normal at rest-like poses. I really like the animations. There are 14 colors of nails and 5 nail shapes, 3 flat tipped and 2 pointy. You can hide the nails too.
An ankle lock is built into the HUD.
- Rez a save stick from the body’s folder on the ground.
- Rename the stick so that you know which one it is (i.e. for which outfit you’ll be using it).
- Pick the stick up (right-click and take), by default it’ll end up in the body’s folder – I’d suggest making a separate folder for them.
- Add the stick, it’ll end up on your HUD by default (which is where you’ll want them).
- Use the Maitreya HUD to pick which alpha cuts that you want to use.
- When your alpha is complete, click the save stick and ‘Save All’.
- Add the stick to your saved outfit.
- Whenever you switch outfits, the save stick will appear as a HUD – just click it and ‘Load Alpha’/’Load All’.
- When your alpha is loaded, detach the stick from your HUD.
You now have unlimited save slots, compared to the 5 save slots on the old body.
A complaint that came up is one has to set the body to all visible before applying a Stick. The Stick does not reset the visibility settings already in use.
I think that is by design. This way allows the Sticks to be additive. I can save a Stick with a skirt and another Stick with a blouse. Including the skirt and blouse and the Sticks within an outfit lets the system add them both without one canceling the other.