The main channel will get a rollout Tuesday. This is a maintenance package that includes:
- Fixes BUG-7595 Allowed & Blocked experiences persist with parcel owner change after purchase or abandoning.
- Fixes BUG-7036 Experience based scripts in attached child prims reference their operation by region position instead of root position like non-experience based scripts.
- BUG-7048 llGetExperienceDetails() returns 4 for state and “operation not permitted” for state message while over mainland parcels that have the experience allowed.
- BUG-6757 Different error code returned for an Experience that is not permitted to run on a parcel / region OR a user clicked No on the permission request dialog
- Additional internal Experience Key fixes
- To find experiences with all unicode names you have to leave the search field blank and page through all results
There will be no new package rolling to the RC Channels Wednesday.
The big news is Firestorm has a new release out.
The main SL viewer is 3.7.22-297128. This is the viewer that is supposed to fix the crash on launch problem many have run into.
RC & Project Viewers
Maintenance Viewer version 184.108.40.2067296 – Release Notes – This is a maintenance package with a couple of dozen fixes.
Pipeline Viewer version 220.127.116.117272 – This is the viewer that takes advantage.
Project Experience Tools Viewer version 18.104.22.1683901 – This version is still lagging behind.
Project Managed Marketplace Viewer version 22.214.171.1246858 – This is the Viewer Managed Market Place viewer. I think it only works on the Preview Grid for now. See the VMM FAQ for more information.
Project Oculus Rift Viewer version 126.96.36.1995296 – Still waiting for Oculus Rift people to release a retail version. I don’t find any new information from Oculus Rift on a release date. However, Samsung is releasing their version of a HMD VR unit. It is a cooperative effort between Samsung and Oculus.
I’m still busy with RL work and holiday stuff. So, not much time for SL and blogging.