The Main Viewer has updated to 18.104.22.1680636. This version was the RC Maintenance release with a load of fixes (Release Notes). This viewer first appeared as an RC Viewer 3/18. I found it to be a good improvement over the previous main viewer, 22.214.171.1249635. Some of the improvements are targeted at performance.
- RC Experience Viewer version 126.96.36.1990963 – Appeared: 4/17
- RC Layer Limits Viewer version 188.8.131.520567 – Appeared 4/9
- RC Tools Update Viewer version 184.108.40.2060918 – Appeared: 4/15
- Project Big Bird Viewer version 220.127.116.110856 – Appeared: 4/17 – This project viewer has fixes for some attachment-related issues, particularly when multiple attachments are added or removed at the same time.
- Project Managed Marketplace Viewer version 18.104.22.1680920 – Appeared: 4/16 – This viewer allows Merchants to manage inventory associated with Marketplace Listings from within the viewer.
We don’t get much in the way of incremental updates as to what changes from version to version. What we do know is that when a viewer like 22.214.171.1240636 is promoted all the changes in it get incorporated into RC and Project viewers. That change is signaled by the RC or Project viewer getting a new build number, the last 6 digits. They may or may not get other fixes related to that version’s changes.
The first viewers to get updated are pretty much the ones the Lab is actively working on. If a viewer is having problems, it may not get an update until the problem is found and fixed. You can see various factors affect which gets updated and moves forward.
There is also the factor of which viewer the Lindens feel is most important to move forward. That feeling is modified by project schedules, support tickets, and Lab priorities we don’t know.
I am guessing we will see the Tools version as the next viewer promoted. The Experience Tools viewer has been dealing with server side problems. That it has updated quickly after the 126.96.36.1990636 update is likely due to its being considered feature complete. So, if the server side gets completed, it could quickly promote. But, we’ll see that coming from server update information.
The Layer Limits viewer 3.7.27 is likely to see another RC update (3.7.28) before anything happens with it.
…and as usual, I am guessing.