As expected, there are no server updates this week, probably next week. My home region has not been restarted since 2/2/2016, two full weeks. The region seems to be working OK. The server stats shown in the Viewer Statistics Panel all look good.
Not much visibly happening with viewers. But, we may see a viewer promoted this week.
- Second Life HTTP update Viewer version 188.8.131.520660
- Second Life Maintenance Viewer version 184.108.40.2060545
- Second Life Quick Graphics Viewer version 220.127.116.110127
- Second Life Project Bento Viewer version 18.104.22.1680099
- Second Life Project Oculus Rift Viewer version 22.214.171.1245296
- Second Life Obsolete Platforms Viewer version 126.96.36.1990847 :/
I’ve been using the Linden, Firestorm, and Catznip (R10) viewers recently. I have less problems and better performance with Catznip. That is not a test result. I haven’t done organized testing. But, my subjective experience is Catznip is behaving better right now.
I do see texture thrashing when using Catznip… less of that with Firestorm. It takes some time to get there, generally over an hour for me.