Well, it’s fixed again. Most of the time fixing this problem was spent in setting up a test frame. I had to get MySQL set up. Then get PHP set up. Then install Apache HTTP server. Then get those integrated. It has been probably three years since I set these up last. Lots has changed.
Then I found out that WordPress has import and export problems. My blog’s database is only about 13 MB. Depending on your web host, max file size for an upload via WordPress import/export is 2 to 10 MB.
Most of the web tutorials that show how these things are set up are way out of date now. So, I had to figure out all the bugs and gotchas and clean those up before I could even start looking for my problem. Whatever, now have a working test frame.
Once I had the test frame, it didn’t take very long to find the problem and get it fixed. It seems the new WordPress and my theme don’t get along very well. So, I’ve got some sections that apparently need to be rewritten. Or… Maybe I’ll just make a new theme.