I downloaded a copy today. Installed it, no problem. I did the remove and then install process, which is annoying. But, enough people have problems when they install over the last install, it is probably a good idea.
It is hard for me to remember when I made my last settings back up. But, the ‘restore’ settings seems to have missed a few settings. I reset those few manually and made a new backup of the settings.
When starting out I get good frame rates, 40-50 FPS in my home. In the previous version I did good to get 20-30.
Using my SpaceNavigator (SN) is much nicer. I did need to tweak my settings. But, overall it is much better and smoother, at least starting out.
After 45 minutes or so memory use is up and the viewer goes a bit jerky. The SN stalls and jerks. As time passes more memory is used and performance is worse. Teleport to a new region and memory use drops and performance comes back… at least my first hour or two shows this pattern. I did get a black screen but the viewer recovered.
While I like the viewer and think it is better than the previous version, I’m not wowed…
See Inara’s blog for the changes in this version.