The show is titled: Come Together.
I’m behind. I’ve been wanting to take the time to listen to the podcast for a couple of days and just now got around to it.
Usual caveats here… Don’t blame them for what I write until AFTER you listen to them.
I’ve added the usual time marks.
- 01:10 – More info on Dio
- Dio is the new game Linden Lab is working on. Jessica Lyons got to play the game before the Lab realized their security had hole and was letting people in. So, there is some info on what the game is like. Looks like the age group is about 10.
- Karl tries hard to spin it well… really.
- Hamet at New World Notes published a more detailed article on Jessica’s take on Dio.
- 10:30 – Gez Linden Leaves Linden Lab
- Gianna talks about what the loss may mean to SL. Gez was one of the Linden Realms team. He had ideas of how to harness the creative energy of the community.
- 14:40 – SL9B Update
- Saffia Widdershins updates us on SL9B
- Everybody is excited. Definitely a: must see.
- SL9B Flickr Group
- 23:05 – MetaReality LIVE at SL9B – Thursday (21st) 1pm SLT!
- 25:45 – Tech Turnarounds
- 27:00 – Is the desktop dead?
- The key to answering this question is in the size of the screen.
- Immersion… they didn’t mention…
- 30:35 – Apple’s WWDC
- Apple is transferring to mobile devices and appears to be abandoning desktops.
- 34:20 – Mesh Deformer Update
- Nyx’s comment on discussing extreme shapes is parsed.
- Oz’s comments are discussed.
- Karl talks about some of the sizing issue. (38:20) Karl thinks he and the Linden he is working with on avatar shapes have come to an understanding of what needs to be done next. Emails are in transit, so this is an in-progress discussion. But, in regard to the shape issues, it looks like instead of being limited to a fixed set of shapes the actual avatar parameters will be encoded to the mesh. This will allow one to have any avatar shape as your base for the deformer. Whether this works depends on the room left in the mesh asset, the dataset record kept in the assets’ database.
- The other issue is in the vertex matching math. It looks like matching will need to look at ‘normals’ as well as position. So, that is being added and should releave some of the distortions we have been running into.
- 40:00 – Eclectic Wingtips asks what including the mesh shape info into the mesh item will mean for mesh designers. Karl answers: … You need to listen to the audio, about 2 minutes worth. I’m not sure what he means. But, I get that we will not be building to sizes and that is a good thing. Exactly how and where the ‘parameters’ are handled, I’m not sure. But, I think he means we will have more controls in the mesh uploader? Or maybe we are going to be able to use the shape keys and modify them in Blender, or whatever modeling application.
- 42:10 – Shed me no tiers
- About what reducing tier would or would not do.
- 46:40 – The New Application Botgirl Would Love
- Mixed media machinima for mobile devices.
- See the Flufee stuff Draxor is doing.
- 49:30 – New Web to Avatar Motion Capture System from Japan
- Gianna, Karl, and Eclectic talks about the possibilities
- 51:40 – The Habbo incident
- UK Channel 4 Investigation from Habbo advertising a kids product in Australia between adult sex ads. Currently all chat is disabled in Habbo. Odds are good they will close.
- 58:00 – Shaker
- Pronounced lame and sucky by Gianna.
- 1:02:12 – Facebook, ‘Likes’ Become Ads
- Your LIKE’s can become ad endorsements. There is privacy setting to prevent that.
- 1:04:15 – Kinect’s Emotional Ads
- Kinect decides what your emotional state is and presents ads accordingly.
- 1:07:40 – wrap up starts
- How I Met Yoko Ono in Second Life
- Eclectic Apparel
1:09:00 – Gianna has never been left at the altar… it’s a Plurk thing…. this is a funny part of the tape.