I see from the weekly updates that Cloud Party has gotten mirrors. I am not sure why they did that, but it is pretty neat.
There is a setting to control the number of frames that get rendered in the mirror… dynamic planar reflection… the setting is in the materials section of object properties.
Some of the bug fixes make this sound interesting:
- Fixed not being able to see yourself in dynamic reflections while in first person mode.
- Fixed soft particles not working correctly against the sky in dynamic reflections.
- Improved selection of which dynamic reflection to render based on the current camera position.
- Improved reflection skewing (based on normals) to make funhouse-style mirrors look good.
- Added setting to turn water refraction effects on or off.
Fun house mirrors… oh what fun!