This week the main channel got an update and roll. This package ran on the RC channels for 2 weeks. There isn’t much to say about it. The changes are to server logging and how member lists for large groups download.
Since there is no new package running in the RC channels, we are unlikely to see the main channel get an update and restart in week 26. Hopefully there will be something new for the RC channels in week 26.
RC Second Life Big Bird Viewer version 126.96.36.1992640 – This RC version got an update. This is the version that fixes a few problems with attachments.
Project Importer Viewer version 188.8.131.520878 – This viewer hasn’t updated for a few days. But, I see a subject related to it on the agenda for the Friday Third Party Developers meeting.
Project Oculus Rift Viewer version 184.108.40.2065296 – This one still hasn’t gotten an update. My understanding is any update will only be to bring the viewer on par with the newest main version of the SL Viewer. No new Oculus stuff, AFAIK.
There are other RC and Project viewers, there just isn’t anything to say about them.
This Friday’s meeting has an agenda listing these topics:
- Importer Improvements
- Viewer Managed Marketplace
- Oculus Rift
The list could change at any time.
A subject also planned for the meeting is: BUG-9422 – List of problems with the new parcel damage behavior for discussion at the next TPV meeting.
- Problem 1 – The LL viewer does not display the damage icon or remaining health when standing on a parcel that has “Safe” enabled on a region that has “Allow Damage” enabled even though you can receive damage, lose health and die on this parcel.
- Problem 2 – The LL viewer does not display the damage icon or remaining health when standing on a parcel that has “Safe” disabled on a region that has “Allow Damage” disabled even though you can receive damage, lose health and die on this parcel.
- Problem 3 – LL support reported to Oz that they tested and confirmed that disabling the Safe (no damage) parcel option on a region with Allow Damage disabled allows damage to be taken by Firestorm users onlyand that in the official viewer they do not take damage.
This is incorrect – LL viewer users still take damage, they just cannot see it until they are dead and get teleported home.
- Problem 4 – Parcel owners on Mainland can no longer enable Damage for combat games when using the current LL viewer.
Mainland parcel owners who had previously set damage to be enabled on their parcel cannot disable damage when using the current LL viewer
- Problem 5 – Parcel owners on shared private regions will need to ask the estate owner or an estate manager to enable then disable damage on the region each time they wish to toggle the safe setting for their parcel, or use a different viewer.
As the current damage system is, most game developers tend to handle their own damage accounting. The result is we have a number of game meters in Second Life.